Monday, September 17, 2007

The Preparation Begins

How do you prepare for something you've never done before? How do you "get ready" to leave your friends and loved ones behind for a year? How do you explain to a 2 year old that Dada has to go "out of town" for a very long time? How do I convince her that I am not abandoning her, and that I still love her more than anything, and in fact it is because I love her so much that I must go away? She will never understand at this age. Heck, I'm not sure I completely understand it myself. Maybe when she is older, we'll sit down and I'll explain where I went and why. Regardless of who understands tho, that is my task at hand and I have about another 5 weeks to find and implement the answer. No pressure. I just hope time flies this quickly while I'm away.

More to follow.

7 comments:

cieux autres said...

You're right. I can't imagine how you do this. We'll do everything we can to make it go easier.

Good luck,

Your next door neighbor.

cieux autres said...

You're right. I don't know how you leave everyone behind. Good luck, and you can count on us to help make things easier here at home.

Good luck,
Your next door neighbor.

Carl Svensson said...

I think its a great start!

Carl S

Aunt E said...

Geno, I'm rpoud of you. XOXOX Aunt Ellen

Anonymous said...

How do you prepare?

I would say that based on your character and strong sense of honor that you ALREADY represent one of the most PREPARED Americans I know.

Best of luck and Godspeed...


J&l / Pinetop AZ.

Aunt E said...

I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you.
XOXOX Aunt E

Aunt E said...

Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you.
XOXOX Aunt E